Saturday, 7 March 2015

My New Adventure....

You may have noticed the blog has been a little quiet the last week or so.  That is because I am now in the small country town of Roma.  I am out here working as a Warehouseman for a Mining Company out here. (No mining debate please).

This is SO outside of my comfort zone I don't know where to start.  I have always been a white collar office worker and now I am a blue collar Storesmen who rides a forklift and throws around large freight boxes and pallets of mining equipment. 

Oh my.  (As Uncle George would say).

Needless to say I am loving it.  It's hot.  It's filthy work.  The people are great.  I am FIFO (Fly In Fly Out) 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.  Work starts at 6am (I am not thrilled about the 5am wake ups), and we work till 5:30pm.  The pay is good.  We have barbecue lunches on the weekend.  And Roma is a cute little town. 

So...........I am living a new adventure and I couldn't be happier.  I would never have thought I could do this and yet I got my Forklift License, I am here, and I am doing something that will provide good money now and in the future.

Life is good.

Here are a few pics of Roma for you to have a look at.

Hope you are all good!

D
xox








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Sometimes a change up is fabulous as it shows you how adaptable and capable you can be.

Grouchy

Mark in DE said...

A new adventure can provide a refreshing change of pace. Glad you are enjoying it!!

Damien said...

Thanks guys -I am loving it :)

Scotty said...

I'm so happy you're happy!!!! :)

Damien said...

Thank you Scotty

Victor said...

That sounds great and so do you.

Damien said...

Thank you Victor.

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

Follow our signals today and gain up to 270% per day.