Friday 11 February 2011

.....2 Bite Me......."Straight Acting"...... And A Thank You..........

........Firstly - a HUGE thank you to all the well wishes regarding my recent separation - the separation actually happened 3 months ago - but it has only hit home recently hence why it took so long to blog about it.

...........Simple thing - your messages and emails of support have totally filled my heart to bursting and you guys and ladies simply rock my world - Todah Rubah to you all..................

Now.............. recently, Bubb and I have been looking at all the dating / hook up sites out there (just personally my favourite is Scruff on my i-Phone) - thus far I am just chatting with people and looking for new social contacts - but OMG & WTF is it with the chronic overuse of STRAIGHT ACTING!!!

...........Who are you ?..................Neil Patrick Harris??? At least he CAN say he Straight Acts - he plays a tit-obsessed pig on a comedy show.............. the rest of you need to man the hell up and get over "ACTING" in any way.

What is wrong with being yourselves?

I find an effeminate girly queen comfortable in their own skin HEAPS hotter than a furry bear affecting a macho image and who then opens his mouth and CLICK - THUNK - KA'CHUNK!! - his pearls fall out.

DONT GET ME WRONG - I LERRRRRRRRRV BEARS !!! - they are the sixth food group as far as I am concerned!

The thing is - if your naturally macho, all good - naturally effeminate, all good - naturally middle of the road, all good - but trust me - if you put STRAIGHT ACTING on your profile - you better be flossing with pussy-pubes otherwise you are a big ol fag in DENIAL !!!

I'm gay - I'm not macho - I'm not queeny - I am just me - and I just be.

I can be over the top - I can be guy next door - I am what I am in the moment - Why aren't you?

Trust me - you will get more cock/ass (depending on your preference) - AND LOVE - if you just be yourself.

Stop acting - just be - it's okay - and you don't need ANYONE'S permission to be yourself.

You are worthy - and perfect in your own way - even WITH your own imperfections......... be it a bit of hip action - a little wrist flapping - or the chewing tobacco in your pocket.

At the end of the day - you might be surprised how your perceived "faults" or "turn offs" are actually more than likely going to be the things that have you stand out in the crowd.

Shalom & love to you all

Damien
.

11 comments:

Nick said...

applause for this article. I am not str8 so why do I have to act like it?

The Mistress said...

I look forward to reading everyone's comments on this topic!

Eran Evan said...

It's releaving to know, as sick as it is, that this straight-acting-self loathing epidemic is a global problem. I thought the Israelis have mastered it but I see it's gets on the entire world's nerves.

Corve DaCosta said...

WOW

That was a long time..

Unknown said...

My favourite line: I'm gay - I'm not macho - I'm not queeny - I am just me - and I just be.

Kris said...

Yeah it's kind of bizarre! Straight-acting in itself is fine but when my housemate acted so proudly when he told me he's "straight-acting", good lord I cringed.

The Inqueerer said...

You're right! We're rather prejudiced. It took me some time to understand that "bottom" does not mean the same as "queeny" or "top" the same as "macho".
Greetings from Spain!

BosGuy said...

Good post Damien. As I've said to many of my friends in the past, you're not particularly 'straight acting' when an errect dick is balls deep in your ass.

Leave the 'straight acting' for NPH and the other gay actors playing straight men on TV and in the movies.

How about this list for turn ons: genuine, smart, witty, compassionate, 9" dick, etc...

Wonder Man said...

I agree with you, Damien

Damien said...

BG - I like how you think ;)

Prince Todd said...

I hate this so much. It is the reason I refuse to meet men on dating sites anymore.
Speaking for myself I very much vacillate between the two. I am in touch with my feminine side just like the masculine side. It makes me who I am. I am not ashamed of that. If you don't like it then take your "straight act" arse back to the closet.