Wednesday 19 October 2011

...........Last Days In Sydney.............

.......Obligatory Shot of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.......

.................So my last full day in Sydney was spent with the ever-so-lovely Host #1 aka Christopher aka Pook aka Twink.... Of course........... every day starts off with breakfast and Pook took me to a fave little cafe of his in the Rocks Section of Sydney called Le Renaissance for a THIS little piece of flaky goodness stuffed and covered with Ham & bechamel sauce :)...

.....mmmmmmmmmm.....

.........Then began the stroll - or, as I like to refer to it - "The Never Ending Bi-Pedal Torture of the Fat and Unfit Man Stuffed with Ham & Bechamel Goodness"............ in other words..... we walked to the Art Gallery of NSW through Circular Quay - past the Opera House - through the Botanical Gardens - eventually...... emphasis EVENTUALLY ending up at the AGNSW......

........Radiance Of The Seas was in as we left the Patisserie.......


.........then past the Opewa Hause...

....Christopher AKA Twink standing there in the humidity posing ever so patiently for me :)....

Link...Me doing the "Oh look what's over there" dork tourist pose....

......Eventually after MUCH complaining by myself at the torture being imposed upon me by the Pookster - and of course much punching him in the shoulder for it - we arrived at the AGNSW.....
Pook took me to the newest bequeathed collection of contemporary art to the gallery by some dude who croaked - his collection is worth 60million AUD..... and includes THIS wonderful fella...

.......I was actually waiting for this charming beast to go "BOO!"....shudder......

........Next was this piece of mirrored goodness that I was actually enjoying until I heard the soundtrack coming out of small speakers in it, the content of which was a couple planning but ultimately not going through with an extra marital affair............... contemporary art..... I don't get it....... thankfully the Pookster was there to take me through it.... OH here he is in "contemplative gay man" pose............ Bless.................


.........We then retired to the Classical section which *I* adored and Pook was bored shiteless in .... however there is nothing compared to standing infront of an actual Monet and Renoir....... Le Sigh.....

....OH !...... and I even got to play creepy man with camera in the park whilst THIS lovely walked by.....


............Our route took us through Hyde Park, where I snapped a couple of pics of the lovely fountain in the centre of the Park...............


....From there we walked to our bus stop through the uber-grand Queen Victoria Building - AMAZING shopping in there.............


.........We finally arrived at our bus stop where I got to snap a pic of Sydney Town Hall.....


...................Our Bus arrived shortly thereafter and I got to play Creepy Camera Guy On Bus ... Good times................... good times...................


..........The morning of my final day - Sunday - Pook and Host #2 - the very sweet and adorable Marc (partner of Pook) - took me on a tour of their favourite cafes.......... the second stop was this adorable little place where we partook of Coffee and Li-ter-ay-chure......


......Even if I was slightly spooked out to find where Bambi finally ended up.......


.................My next bus trip took me away from the lovely Hosts - good men they are - to Gate 31 at the Virgin Departures Terminal where I was able to spot - in their natural environment - the Himbo and Bimbo as they embarked on their Northerly Migration....................

...Notice his beefy goodness and her vapid expression as she adjusts-again-her hair scrunchie.....

...........And one short flight later - I was picked up by Ima in her little broom-broom and off home I went..................

..........It was a wonderful trip and the Hosts were perfectly welcoming and lovely as I secretly suspected they would be.....

..........However, it IS nice to be home - even if I did have to face the mountain of paperwork awaiting me on my desk at work on the Monday.....

Shalom

D
.

6 comments:

BosGuy said...

Lovely pics, although it makes me miss Sydney. The character in costume sort of freaks me out a bit. Was it Comic Con in Sydney?

Damien said...

No BG - that was apparent "art" in the contemporary section

Ikk

Wonder Man said...

this was a fun post, Damien

Stan said...

All good things must come to an end. Nice vacation! Great pic.

The Mistress said...

I like that pic of you in the comfy chair and I've saved it.

I enjoy your travelogues.

Damien said...

Stan - It was a great time.

MJ - I'm glad you do Mistress ;)