Saturday 9 August 2014

Dear "Mr WTF" and "Mr Sad".....

Let me instruct you (both?) on what the "Sad" and "WTF" markers are for.

The "Sad" check box is for something that is either (a) Sorrowful - for example, the shelling of innocent civilians in either Gaza or Israel; or, (b) Something sarcastic, like Justin Bieber's latest tattoo "Damn that sad white boy" etc.

Now... the "WTF" check box is for something that is truly beyond bizarre, like most Republican policy positions / public statements on almost everything.

Now let me tell you what they are not for .....

Clicking the "WTF" and "Sad" check boxes on the Misty Copeland post is incorrect.  Why?
Because she is a talented and ground breaking artist.  She is also a talented and ground breaking woman of colour.

So here's my question to you... Are you a misogynist? a racist? or both?  Otherwise why would you check those boxes?

I must say that whenever I see these boxes incorrectly checked I know it is you and I feel sad.

Not sarcastic Justin Bieber sad.  Not "flip you off with my big bad attitude" sad.  But sorrowful sad.

I feel sad because I know that you feel a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment when you click these.  And I know that you do so probably because you are unhappy with yourself and potentially your life in general.

And that is "sad".  Sorrowful Sad.

Blessings and Shabbat Shalom

Damien
xox

1 comment:

Damien said...

Cy - indeed they are.