I'm writing about this because it's all over Facebook, Twitter and Blogs. All. The. Time.
- Someone's dick isn't big enough.
- Someone else's job isn't good enough for them to date.
- Someone else's car isn't good enough for them to date.
- Guy X loves his abs but knows his pecs aren't good enough (this one I don't get).
- I need a better job because I'm not going to find someone in the job I have.
- I need to move to suburb Y because suburb X is the wrong one to be in.
- If I just lose those last 5 kgs / 11pounds, I'll be happy.
- Yes he seems nice on Facebook, but I can't socialise or be friends with a fatty.
- That hot PT at the gym, he is SO hot, but he has "baggage".
- I only ever buy the top brands. Why be seen in K-Mart?
- If you're going to date anyone, date up. Never date down.
- I've heard he goes to bathhouses/saunas, he's a slut. I'm not touching that.
- Not good enough / Not good enough / Not good enough.
Is it good old lack of self-esteem?
Are we really that greedily ambitious?
Why do we feel the need to aim for MORE and is it bad thing?
Does it have some actual good? Or do we take it too far?
Love to hear your thoughts.