Saturday 21 March 2015

I Adopted A Shark!!!

For my recent 43rd birthday that happened on the 15th, I wanted to do something different for myself and I have ALWAYS wanted to adopt a shark.

The Bimini Shark Labs is a shark conservation project that is unprecedented in it's work with sharks.  It most notably works with the sharks of the Caribbean around the Bahamas.  They work with almost no budget and rely exclusively on public donations.

I urge you visit their page www.biminisharklab.com and donate, even if its $20.  Sharks are the apex predator for oceanic ecosystems and help regulate the ecosystem and keep it in balance.  Yes, we may be scared of them, but they are vital to healthy oceans.

When you adopt a shark through Bimini Shark Lab you get to nominate both a male and female name for your shark.  Of course, I couldn't help but nominate Spock for a boy and Amanda (Spock's human wife in the TOS series and movies) for a girl.

Ladies and Gents - here is Amanda, my adopted shark! (Click to read.  Please note, that this was written by someone for whom English is a second language and I ask you to be respectful of that.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

so nice! Protecting nature, in Costa Rica there are some initiatives like this one.