Saturday 20 August 2011

....2 Day....... My Day At The Ekka..........


......The "Ekka".......... or Brisbane Exhibition ........... or Royal Queensland Show...... is the Australian version of a State Fair......... where the Country comes to the city.........

......I love the Ekka....... I love seeing things that aren't part of my daily urban life.... like cattle and dog shows and equestrian dressage and all that..........

.......... And the food !!! - I love the food at the Ekka and it always starts with a Dagwood Dog.....

.......Yes I know what you are thinking and no you will NOT see one of my talents publicly demonstrated so don't ask......... THAT requires at LEAST dinner.... :)

........Pics from the dog show......................



.............Is she not GORGEOUS !!!...................


...........These are pics from inside the Agricultural Pavillion..............



............The Bonsai above were AMAZING!!!............. Stunned at the complexity of care and attention these things require..............



.........Beautiful Queensland Apples....................

............The wonderful volunteers of the Scouts Stall............


...........REAL beehive with REAL bees - INSIDE - didn't get to taste the honey sadly - line was FAR too long.................


............The Pineapple was SO sweet and juicy......... so yummy - and that machine de-skins and de-scores and is only $1800AUD :) - I'll take two............

..............Amazing cakes and decorating........... all by hand ..................



..........This sculpture blew my mind........

..........And of COURSE I couldn't go past the tupperware stall without purchasing...... I luvz me some Tupperware........*Oprah snap*..........

................Lunch was the most succulent and perfectly prepared Queensland Beef Steak.........

.........Mum and I had a WONDERFUL time and I loved every minute of it...........

Shalom

D
.


3 comments:

queer heaven said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!

Wonder Man said...

Fun stuff and you are a tease

Sue said...

I love going to large and small fairs! The animals are cool and the exhibits are fun! The food is terrific! Looks like you had a great time!

http://suefairview.com/