Tuesday 11 February 2014

Who Did It Better? ... Let It Go ...

Last round we had the Original cast of West Side Story narrowly beat out Glee with the song "America".

Today........ I am certain this round should divide you lads.........

The song ...... the wonderful "Let It Go" from Frozen.

First Version - the Original Idina Menzel version from the movie.



Second Version - Ms Demi Lovato....



Now - here's my problem - I have only vaguely heard of Demi Lovato - but I like her version too.
I am totally Team Menzel - but I don't mind admitting I liked Ms Lovato's version TOO!

So I am on the fence on this one.

You lads sort it out between you.....I'm going to get a cup of tea and an Iced Vo-Vo....

D
xox


7 comments:

MAC said...

I'm on the fence with this one too. I've been wanting to see Frozen. The movie and the soundtrack have been getting rave reviews.

My first thought was Idina would kick Demi's booty. But after listening, they both did an impressive job. It's hard to compare. Idina's is an all out Broadway version, while Demi's is pure pop. UGH! I'm going to have to call my first tie!

Patrick said...

Prior to actually listening to Demi's version I would have sworn I would always vote for Idina. After listening to both, I have to honestly admit that I give this one to Demi. True, the styles are a bit different, but all things considered, and I can't believe I am admitting this Demi Lovato gets my vote.

discodevil said...

I like them both although Demi Lovato
vocal could be of any pop girl of the moment where as Idina Menzel has more distinctive vocals & with that extra oomh.

My vote goes to Idina Menzel.

Damien said...

MAC - I know. Same.

Patrick - Your choice is valid :)

Disco - I think that's an interesting point to make. WOULD the Lovato version sound different if another POP girl sang it.
Idina does have the oomph. But I think the arrangement of Demi's may lend MORE to her. Idina's is more personal I think.

Rainbow said...

When I first saw the contest, I was like oh wow...Idina has this one!! But after hearing Demi sing this amazing song, I was blown away! Plus I really felt that the lyrics so fit Demi and her battle with drugs and fame. I have to give this one to Demi. This song was made for her! Well done!

Anonymous said...

This is one that I too am on the fence on. I really enjoyed the version by Idina. To me it is a very Broadway big sound production. Inina has a very beautiful and distinctive voice and is like one of a kind. For me, it makes me remember the song.

While not a big Demi fan, I was really surprised how well she did pull this song off. I loved listing to her version but it is Idina's that I rememberd.

So for me have to go with Idina!!!

Roy
In Texas

Anonymous said...

IDINA MENZEL all the way