So here is one potential scenario of how it will play out - coz I am convinced it is gonna happen ppl.
- Iran *will* fire a missile at Israel.
- Israel will fire back - in one go - enough missiles to make Iran the new global Grand Canyon. Don't think for a second that I am making a joke here.
- Several Arab nations (probably including Pakistan) will then attack Israel. They will - it is just a question of how many sign up.
- US, Britain and Australia will then step in to protect and assist Israel.
- India will join in with the above so it can attack Pakistani soldiers.
- India and Pakistan - because they are now REALLY fighting each other - will then launch their own nuclear weapons at each other on the sub-continent.
- Russia will then step in to protect it's Arab business partners.
- China - depending on it's stock of Viagra at the time - will find something for it's army to do rather than torturing Tibetans - maybe joining in the Middle East - or maybe going at the Indians along it's border.
- The North Koreans will take the opportunity to attack South Korea because they will think no one is watching.
- Japan, Australia and the US will move some of its forces into South Korea and annihilate the North once and for all.
- The E.E.U. will make several damning proclamations before eventually having to join the Coalition in the Middle East.
- The conflict will eventually end at the negotiating table after tens of million are dead.
- Jerusalem will be a UN asset.
- Israel will most likely be larger.
- The Palestinian State will be founded and administered by the Coalition - handing out free medical care, employment opportunities and education to it's citizens.
- The Arab world will go back to trying to find a use for itself once the oil runs out.
Now tell me - any reason we can't do the last two points without having to have all the preceding ones?
BTW - that is just my summary of what several well regard experts have said over the last year. Some American, some European, some British, some Australian - even some Arab.
I seriously hope I'm wrong.