Tuesday 11 October 2011

..... Day 1..... Sydney Odyssey.......

......G'day 'n' Shalom my 2 Centers.......

.....Day 1 saw me sleep in to the un-g-dly hour of 9am - 'twas loverly :)....I then rose, showered, and schlepped my way into the city for a head & scrotum shave by the naked barber (see above post coz I', sure you've been there already).......

.....Oh..........and here are the products of me playing Creepy Fat Train Platform Guy With Camera :)........



.....After that I strolled on down to Chinatown.......

View of the Entry to Chinatown from my table

......where I was almost assaulted by an Asian Matron hawking her restaurants lunch specials....... It was such a good deal I couldn't go past it and for $22 Australian Dollars I got THIS.......


.............and it was particularly yummy and I am almost ashamed to say that I left barely a crumb on my plate - YUMMO !!!.....

.....From there I set off for the Sydney Aquarium...... which I passed on as it's now $35 entry for a VERY small aquarium and I'm too cheap for that - even considering how much of a marinelife-phile I am..... So instead I wandered around Darling Harbour which was BEAUTIFUL and - sad to say - the cleanest part of Sydney CBD (really Sydney council, with the millions of tourists you get you can't spend some money on street cleaners??)..........Here are the photos I took of Darling Harbour.......




......After that I jumped on the monorail - switched to the train to come back to the home suburb of my old friends Christopher & Marc - had a quick but excellently made coffee in a cute little Italian cafe ...


.....then bought some wine and came back to the digs where G'Norman the G'Nome (pronounced Guh'Norman) welcomed me home :) .........

.......Now I am updating the blog for you guys after eating 2 bowls of Christophers home made Pea/Parmesan/Spinach & Pepper Risotto - complimented by a glass of Fifth Leg Semillon Sauvignon Blanc......

......Lovely day - can not wait for tomorrow......

Layla Tov & Goodnight all.....

Damien
.

No comments: