Sunday 12 August 2012

My Home........

A friend of mine suggested I go for a walk and get out of the house.  He knew this would be a challenge for me so he made it even more .... interesting.... by challenging me to take my phone and take some "happy" photos......

Well.. I have to admit I actually do feel a bit better....... so here is my stroll in photos :)




 Stunning renovated old Queenslander.....

 I love how green my suburb is........



 An Australian Paper Bark Tree.....




 I don't think this means what first 'came' to my mind..........
 GEE GEES !!!!!

 This red soil is volcanic soil.  That area 150km south, west and north of Brisbane is an extinct volcanic crater.... and this soil occasionally pops up around Brisbane... very good for growing things....

 Nature walk / Bike Path.............

 Me being a good boy and stretching.............

 Me smiling through pain at the top of a hill......


 Stunning little workers cottage........ Gorgeous..........


10 comments:

Pick said...

Love it! Thanks for taking me on that virtual walk with you. Really lovely!

cb said...

So pretty and lush!

G said...

The area you live in looks somewhat regional but really beautiful. It also gives the impression of being quiet and peaceful. Good for you for facing the monster and giving it the bird.

EMikeGarcia said...

Sights like these always make me feel better!

Anonymous said...

Hi Damien,

Thanks for the lovely photos of the beautiful of Nature and the Homes in your area. Makes me feel like I was out on the walk with you.

Good for you for facing your monster and getting out and remember one step at a time....

Luv & Hugggggs,
Roy in Texas

Anonymous said...

Hi Damien,

Thanks for the lovely photos of the beautiful of Nature and the Homes in your area. Makes me feel like I was out on the walk with you.

Good for you for facing your monster and getting out and remember one step at a time....

Luv & Hugggggs,
Roy in Texas

Damien said...

Pick & CB - glad you enjoyed :)

G - Actually I am only 20mins drive to the CBD of my home town of Brisbane - State Capital of Queensland, Australia.

Mikey - me too :)

Roy - glad you liked. Was a lovely walk actually.

Wonder Man said...

very nice

The Mistress said...

You have such different flora and fauna in your part of the world than we do so it's a real treat to take a walk with you.

Damien said...

WM - Thanks boo

MJ - Yes Mistress... Ill be posting more pics from my walks soon.