Saturday 5 July 2014

Things Not To Say.......

........To someone with Clinical Depression.......


  1. What's your problem?
  2. You just need a hobby.
  3. Go for a walk.
  4. If you just tried harder......
  5. Don't focus on negativity.
  6. Smile!
  7. Why can't you just feel happy?
  8. How bad can it be?
  9. I was depressed too when "particular" TV show finished.
  10. Just get up and go to work.
  11. Sleeping so much isn't good for you.
  12. It could be your medication.
  13.  And my personal favourite ..................... It's just attention seeking.

Yeah...................... attention seeking.

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you follow this up with a list of what to say or ask. Real depression is something that you really have to experience to completely understand.

Damien said...

I will be Sean :)

But thank you for saying that. Shows care.

Anonymous said...

Scott said...

I totally agree with Sean (The Jeep Guy), I think most people unless they have experienced clinical depression can not identify.

"Snap out of it", Oh if it was just that easy.

What a loved one or good friend can do, is to first make sure that a person with severe depression gets help. Work with your DR, to get on the RIGHT medication. Yes it's an illness, that most times requires the RIGHT medication, and counseling.

Thanks Damien



Unknown said...

I agree Damien, I have had each one of those said to me over the years

Thanks for drawing attention to it

Hugz Tom